Assistant Director, Learning & Development
Job no: 501108
Work type: Full-time
Location: District Office
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 (Some nights and weekends)
Assistant Director, Learning & Development
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$75,000 - $120,000 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$36.06 per hour
Work location is TBD
Reporting to the Senior Director of Workforce Planning and Development, the Assistant Director will provide direction and oversight of employee learning and development programs strategically designed to enhance employee effectiveness and drive the strategic mission of the College. In collaboration with College stakeholders, this position will create and execute a comprehensive organizational development and employee learning plan that aligns with the organization’s strategic priorities. This role will be instrumental in facilitating an employee-oriented, high performing, diverse, and inclusive workplace culture.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Ability to successfully deploy and implement large-scale projects. Strong organizational and project management skills required. Uses strong business acumen and analytical thinking skills to create effective, business-focused solutions.
· In-depth knowledge and proven history of successfully applying learning theory in a fast-paced environment. Experience with capability development in alignment with strategic business goals.
· Demonstrated experience and passion for innovation, continuous improvement, and leading cultural change across the workplace. Is employee-focused, collaborative, and able to develop strong relationships and influence at all organizational levels. Outstanding Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and excellent stakeholder management.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
· Ability to develop accurate written materials. A high degree of comfort presenting complex, strategic ideas or concepts in a succinct and user-friendly manner to small and large groups.
· Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, strong preference for a major in human resources, business administration, or related focus. Master's degree preferred. Official transcripts are required.
· Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and certifications, which together total ten (10) years, may be substituted.
· Four (4) years of related professional work experience, with at least two years supervisory experience.
· Demonstrated subject matter expertise and experience in curriculum/instructional design, development, and facilitation of learning courses.
· Strong executive presence with ability to gain buy-in from a variety of key stakeholders.
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
· Must have a current and valid Texas driver's license if traveling to off-site locations.
· ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Accountable for partnering with HR partners, senior leaders, and other key stakeholders across the organization to deliver programs that facilitate the growth and development of high performing talent which supports student success and business excellence.
· Assess the College’s learning needs and capabilities, identify talent and competency gaps, and work collaboratively to develop and deploy appropriate learning solutions to enhance performance and skills for professional staff and administrators. Create and execute a comprehensive organizational development and employee learning plan.
· Perform needs assessment; design and deliver programs; measure and evaluate the ROI of programs tied directly to core competency improvement and direct impact on key business metrics. Prepare related reports. Stay current on best practices and trends relating to adult learning methodologies and theory, and technology advancements.
· Support the development of a comprehensive on-boarding program to ensure employees gain an understanding of our culture and mission and learn the skills necessary to perform their job duties successfully. Provide direction and program oversight of specialized programs that enhance the effectiveness of employees and drive the strategic mission of the College.
· Manage vendor relationships for external learning and development partnerships, workshops, etc. Track budgets and negotiating contracts.
· Accomplishes department objectives by supervising staff and organizing and monitoring work processes. Provides coaching, counseling, training, and growth opportunities to the L&D team. Responsible for ongoing performance appraisal, and conflict resolution or disciplinary action as needed.
· Partner with leadership to develop change management competencies to ensure successful execution of projects and initiatives. Establish and maintain a high level of stakeholder trust and confidence.
· Develop and implement a communication strategy to promote learning opportunities and encourage participation across all employee groups.
· Collaborate with the senior leaders and other cross-functional partners to establish a trusted alliance developing performance coaching and learning strategies and align professional development strategies with key business priorities and performance targets.
Reports to: Senior Director, Workforce Planning and Development
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time