Data Analytics Specialist
Job no: 501101
Work type: Full-time
Location: District Office
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 (Some nights and weekends)
Data Analytics Specialist
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$65,000-$104,000 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$31.25 per hour
Work location is TBD
Dallas College is seeking an experienced, highly collaborative Data Analytics Specialist. This position is responsible for the application and integration of advanced and predictive analysis, people metrics and reporting to develop strategic and operational insights for HR Operations. Assesses organizational HR processes and identifies requirements and solutions to meet objectives. Responsible for technical and analytical reporting to support Dallas College HR Operations. This role participates in strategic planning and collaborates with Human Resources and the Information Technology to best align and support the mission of Dallas College.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Experience in developing key performance indicators and mapping suitable analytic solutions to ensure required performance data can be reliably tracked and reported. Experience in supporting new and existing enhancements of HR systems, including system interfaces, data design and mapping, system, user acceptance testing (UAT), communication and training plans. Strong familiarity of the dependencies and relationships between HR Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) modules, integration points with non-HRMS modules, and third-party systems.
· Experience with designing and testing conversions, interfaces with third parties, and custom reporting. Strong familiarity with the Structured Query Language (SQL), Data Visualization tools, Statistical Programming, UniData, Relational Databases, and enterprise software-as-a-service (SaaS) systems. Understanding of project management, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), DevOps, and the Agile Framework.
· Ability to build strong relationships with diverse cross-functional subject matter experts (SMEs) and key stakeholders to analyze business requirements and recommend realistic business strategies. Experience engaging senior management and business leads to align on global strategies, feasibility, and delivery of HRIS services.
· Knowledge with aggregating raw data sets from various HRIS tools to perform data analysis. Ability to build and maintain periodic and core HR reporting across multiple HRIS and analytic platforms. Ability to analyze system configurations, identify risks, and recommend corrective solutions.
· Experience re-engineering and guiding conversations regarding HR business processes. Experience in business requirements gathering, process mapping, gap analysis, and design of solutions. Knowledge of business process flows in Core Human Resources, Employee and Self-Service. Experience with all aspects of application setup, testing, user training, and production support
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field
· Five (5) years related work experience
· 2+ years of experience in HR analytics using HR systems and tools such as Workday
· Experience with data analytics tools such as Excel, DAX, Power Pivot, PowerBI, Tableau, or SAS is strongly preferred
· Work hours may extend beyond the normal, eight hours, Monday-Friday workday, including weekends and holidays
· Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide data analysis, ad hoc reporting and ensure system integrity of Core HR and third-party interoperated systems. Pro-actively analyze HR system needs, recommend best practice approaches to systems maintenance and improvement.
· Work with HR units to prioritize business and information needs. Develops and implements databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
· Serves as point of contact for data related issues and questions, such as ensuring integrity of data, verifying information regarding data quality, completeness of data, adherence to set data schemas; identifying and correcting data integrity issues that do not comply with schemas or Dallas College guidelines; responds to data requests from stakeholders and constituents.
· Work closely with Information Technology and Institutional Research departments to troubleshoot/resolve issues related to data conversion, data cleanup, and audit information. Develop system and user documentation such as process definition maps, user guides, and system administration documents. Ensure data analytics are in alignment with Dallas College objectives.
· Maintains awareness of current trends in HR information systems with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies through professional development activities. Applies HR functional knowledge in optimizing HR information systems support. Participate in user group meetings/conferences.
· Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year. Provides exemplary customer service. Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Sr. Director, HR Systems & Strategy
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time