Job no: 501100
Work type: Full-time
Location: District Office
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 (Some nights and weekends)
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$65,000-$104,000 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$31.25 per hour
Work location is TBD
Dallas College is seeking an experienced, highly collaborative HRIS Analyst. This position is responsible for the generation and analysis of ad hoc and standard HR reports for metrics, compliance, and decision- making. Acts as a primary point of contact for all HR reporting requests. Research HR operational trends and provides current and predictive analysis used for HR compliance and decision making. This role participates in strategic planning and collaborates with Human Resources and the Information Technology to best align and support the mission of Dallas College.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Experience in developing key performance indicators and mapping suitable analysis solutions to ensure required performance data can be reliably tracked and reported. Experience in supporting new and existing enhancements of HR systems, including system interfaces, data design and mapping, system, user acceptance testing (UAT), communication and training plans.
· Ability to build strong relationships with diverse cross-functional subject matter experts (SMEs) and key stakeholders to analyze business requirements and recommend realistic business strategies. Experience engaging senior management and business leads to align on global strategies, feasibility, and delivery of HRIS services.
· Knowledge with aggregating raw data sets from various HRIS tools to perform data analysis. Ability to build and maintain periodic and core HR reporting across multiple HRIS and analytic platforms. Ability to analyze system configurations, identify risks, and recommend corrective solutions.
· Experience re-engineering and guiding conversations regarding HR business processes. Experience in business requirements gathering, process mapping, gap analysis, and design of solutions. Experience in identifying data integrity and accuracy issues.
· Ability to organize and set priorities for accomplishing work in a timely and effective manner. Ability to coach, motivate, team members, and establish performance objectives. Strong team player and willingness to assist team members as needed. Superior verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills. Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field
· Five (5) years related work experience
· 2+ years of experience in HR analytics using HR systems and tools such as Workday.
· Experience with data analytics tools such as Excel, DAX, Power Pivot, PowerBIor SAS is strongly preferred.
· Work hours may extend beyond the normal, eight hours, Monday-Friday workday, including weekends and holidays.
· Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel.
· ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide data analysis, ad hoc reporting and ensure system integrity of Core HR and third-party interoperated systems. Pro-actively analyze HR system needs, recommend best practice approaches to systems maintenance and improvement.
· Work with HR units to prioritize business and information needs. Oversee and coordinate with HR business stakeholders to evaluate system needs and ongoing support and evaluate and implement automation.
· Contribute as project team member, as required, for HRIS applications (Cornerstone, PageUp, Workday HCM) including researching and resolving issues, project management, system configurations, unexpected results or process flaws.
· Work closely with Information Technology and Institutional Research departments to troubleshoot/resolve issues related to data audit and compliance information. Develop system and user documentation such as process definition maps, user guides, and system administration documents.
· Maintains awareness of current trends in HR information systems with a focus on product and service development, delivery, and support, and applying key technologies through professional development activities. Applies HR functional knowledge in optimizing HR information systems support. Participate in user group meetings/conferences.
· Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year. Provides exemplary customer service.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Sr. Director, HR Systems & Strategy
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time