Coordinator, Business Development
Job no: 500936
Work type: Full-time
Location: District Office
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Coordinator, Business Development
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$43,000-$68,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
The Coordinator of Business Development is responsible for building relationships with businesses that may have a need for corporate training. They will manage the entire process from identification of a lead, to needs analysis, creation of proposals, and closing the deal. This person will report to the Project Leader of Business Development.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Relevant professional sales experience with demonstrated results.
• Ability to facilitate effective meetings and make compelling sales presentations.
• Ability to manage tasks and keep the work organized.
• Experience in the training industry is a plus.
• Must be a team player and interact well with the other members of the Business Development work unit.
• Must be comfortable maintaining detailed records of interactions with prospects and customers, entering notes in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Salesforce.
Should be a self-starter with the ability to work independently to find and build corporate relationships.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
Associates degree plus three (3) years of related experience. Official transcripts are required. Must possess a current driver’s license.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with Business Development teammates to serve the needs of constituents in the business community of Dallas County, and members of the Dallas College community.
- Work collaboratively within assigned team to execute workflows and work systems that ensure accuracy, reliability, and continuity of operations.
- Work collaboratively within assigned team to meet unit performance metrics and execute associated continuous improvement plans.
- Participate in regular workforce business development team meetings.
- Interpret data and generate reports as required by supervisor.
- Develop and effectively generate professional sales proposals, dashboard reports, and other key presentational material to help produce the desired client-centric outcomes/solutions.
- Routinely and/or daily use Salesforce.com as the CRM tool to record relevant data related to client engagement, business development, dashboard reports, pipeline reports, proposals, etc.
- Develop and execute an ongoing personal professional development plan.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time