Faculty Full Time - Fashion Design
Job no: 496272
Work type: Full-time
Location: El Centro
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
Teaches students effectively in assigned classes and maintains office hours for student consultation in accordance with procedures outlined in the Dallas County Community College Board Policy Manual and/or agreed upon with immediate supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Demonstrated skills in successfully working with diverse populations through experiences such as formal training and past work experiences. The ability to provide quality customer service.
May be required to lift and move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Fashion Design and three years of non-teaching, work related experience. One year of demonstrated teaching experience required. Official transcripts will be required. ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provides students with a written course syllabus that should include items specified by the college and/or Dallas County Community College System. Participates in the evaluation of the instructional process and uses innovative strategies to continually improve learning. Participates in development and support of their discipline by recommending books and materials, revising curricula, and recommending teaching assignments when appropriate. Maintains accurate and complete course records as required by law and the Board of Trustees Policies and Procedures Manual. Performs professional activities and assumes professional responsibilities as agreed upon with the division dean, and works with colleagues to achieve shared goals and visions. Values the collaborative process. Uses knowledge of diverse communities and learning styles and has the ability to incorporate diversity of delivery of such learning styles in instruction. Participates in student advising and registration. Utilizes technology to facilitate learning and to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others. Institutional Service Responsibilities (College and Dallas County Community College System): Meets professional assignments in accordance with the System’s calendar and contractual obligations. Complies with DALLAS COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE SYSTEM board policy, state and federal policy, and the student code of conduct as appropriate. Commits to college mission and goals through participating in planning division objectives and budget requests. Serves on and attends college and/or system committees as assigned. Participates in campus commencement exercise(s) as required by Board Policy and attends other required college meetings and activities. Participates in his/her own performance appraisal. Demonstrates ability to work effectively with persons from diverse backgrounds. Student Services Responsibilities: May work with student clubs and/or organizations. Community: Consistent with other DCCC job descriptions demonstrates verbal and written communication skills to support and enhance effective interaction between Dallas County Community College System and other organizations, businesses and community groups as well as faculty, staff and students from diverse backgrounds. Promotes the college in the community by participating in a variety of marketing activities. Professional Growth Responsibilities: Participates in professional development activities.
Preferred Skills / Additional Requirements:
- Industry experience in the Fashion Design business- minimum 3 years.
- Highly proficient in Pattern Design- able to teach beginning level students the drape/ draft method.
- Strong Sewing and Construction skills for Apparel.
- Knowledge of both Mass Production and Couture level techniques.
- May teach Ready to Wear Construction and Tailoring classes.
- Also able to teach several of the following: Textiles, Draping, Fashion Collection Design, Intro to Mass Production, Fashion History, Color Theory, Custom Patterns, & Technical Product Development (Tech Design).
- Computer skills to teach Photoshop/ Illustrator for fashion and apply computer (CAD & PLM) skills within class subjects.
- Able to manage equipment – computers and sewing machines and can do quick repairs to sewing machines.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about fashion and willing to work long hours assisting students with projects outside of class time.
- Evenings and Saturdays frequently required.
- Must be a self-starter holding oneself to high standards of leadership.
- Must be a servant leader able to patiently teach and enrich the lives of a diverse student population.
- Must be a team player working with fellow faculty and student club advisement.
- Fashion Show experience a plus.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend